Thursday, December 31, 2009

tearing up the oxygen to find one another

ok ok my number 1 most played song in 2009 is tearing up the oxygen by maritime. it holds personal meaning. i played it 1322 times.


Tearing Up The Oxygen - Maritime

if you drink enough water will i fade?
when i'm out of your system, forget the things that i said
then the scenery changes.
and cars have no remorse they take the world by force
we wish we could travel so recklessly
even in our sleep we surrender
you can do anything
and i, i should be so lucky.

so now i chase my bags someday they'll take me home
my clothes are worn so thin they accent my bones
and the sleep i've lost could rest me.
but clocks keep slippery time
they paint the salt stained lines
of the best and the worst and the maritimes
when your eyes are off me, i'm alone

they could be anywhere
i should be so lucky
tearing up the oxygen to find one another

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an astonishing number of times! What do you think of the music video? I find the lack of faces quite curious.

Genevieve Snow said...

hmm interesting observation
i think the lack of faces really adds to the sense of isolation that the song gives. it's def a unique video. i like it cause they could've done a much more literal interpretation of the song but chose to let the song stand pretty much alone.