Saturday, January 1, 2011

I spend mine on being free

happy new year and all that =) i had a pretty interesting one to say the least.
anyway, just got turned on to this new track by jj. (free legal download of the entire album here) according to wikipedia, the beat on this is from a Dr. Dre track. I did my usual slowing-down trick on Audacity to try to figure out these lyrics because they aren't posted online anywhere but i still don't have it perfected. help is appreciated, as always.



Still - jj

I got summer on my mind
Nowhere else
Oh lord, take me downtown
To you
People show me love
But I can't take it
What I said was true
Real play can't fake it

Still they want to be with me
Still they want to leave with me
Still they want to feel like me
Still I can't believe it's me

Time you spend on me
I spend mine on being free
I'mma fly to N.Y.C.
I'll see you and you'll see me

I wonder why
Why you want to lie
When you see me cry
When you see me shy
When you see me high
When you see me die

Where we from you don't know
You will know where we will go
Yeah, I'm here, where are you?
There is nothing you can do

We open here with one thing we find that's new it's something
That we place in ___ our way over-played
A piece by Dre then we go and get buzzed
Get drunk, get crunk, get fucked up
(Fucked up) lyrics found at www.newyorkcitytheory.blogspot.com

I am asked why, no lie, at least you get to witness
Killed so many songs you'd think I have a hit-list
That street where we left your ____
Cause we are free and we get money

3 comments:

J.B. said...

thank you for posting the lyrics, i know theyre not perfect but they seem to be ha thanks anyways

Bob Stein said...

Thanks for putting these lyrics up. I searched for this song (by lyrics) for quite a while before I found it here. It is excellent and haunting and well clearly I just had to have it.

So THANKS!

(By the way it seems as if your blog has been hacked by "alphainventions"? Every link I click on I'm redirected to somebody else's blog there.)

Genevieve Snow said...

You're welcome guys I'm glad you like it. Thanks, Bob, for alerting me! I seem to have fixed the problem. Phew!