Monday, March 14, 2011

how to safely retrieve anything from under my kitchen sink

as i've learned the hard way
1) open cupboard under the sink
2) immediately jump back
3) if no cockroach is already visible, peer in
4) wave hand in the general area of the soap, sponge etc. you desire
5) immediately jump back
6) if no cockroach is already visible, peer in
7) quickly grab whatever you need
8) immediately jump back, dropping item on floor
9) if it's still all clear, pick up your item and close the cupboard. well done!
Pro tip: have Raid on hand. a lot. NYC roaches are as big as mice and they don't fuck around.

Story time! Once I opened the dishes cupboard to get a dinner plate. The next thing I know there's a roach running up my leg on the inside of my pajama pants. Traumatized for life.

No comments: